Saturday, June 11, 2011

Catching up...

We spent most of the day shopping for my cupcake supplies.  My husband has been so great with supporting me in my new venture, a girl couldnt ask for anything more.  Aaron drove me (and the kids) around Palm Springs and Palm Desert.  I have to say that I have fallen in l-o-v-e with Trader Joes and World Market.  We have lived here almost a year and why it has taken me so long to check out Trader Joes is beyond me.  I am a total East Coast girl, I was born and raised in Lansing, MI.  So unfortunately we dont have a Trader Joes.  World Market is available but just never in the areas where we have lived.  They both have a pretty good beer and wine selection so my husband doesnt mind the trade off of allowing me to look around the store, while he looks at their beer and wine.  I am also all about using quality, organic, and all natural ingredients, and they have a great selection.  I continue to get lots of inspiration.   If anyone knows of any specialty stores in Southern California, please let me know.  I am always looking for ideas.

In honor of Fathers Day, I am going to make a few "man-friendly" cupcakes.  I have chosen to make a chocolate beer/whiskey cupcake, a red velvet, and a black bottom cupcake.  Cannot wait to try them out and post pics!

Thanks for visiting!  Have a fabulous weekend!!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment